- Experience as a psychotherapist since 1988, and life coaching/solution-focused consultation since the 1990s
- Coastal Style Magazine readers voted him the Best Psychotherapist in Sussex County, Delaware twice, once in 2015 and again in 2018!
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Psychology, Saybrook University, San Francisco, CA, November 1991. Degree awarded With Distinction.
- Master’s of Social Work (M.S.W.), Clinical, The University of Maryland at Baltimore, May 1988.
- Bachelor’s of Arts (B.A.), Psychology, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC, May 1985. Distinguished Psychology Student Award, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude.
- Insider Columnist for Newsmax.com from 2015 to 2017.
- Author, “Effective Therapy” (New York: Dunhill Publishing Co., 1997, ISBN: 0-935016-23-6).
- Author, “Grow Up America!” (Washington, DC: Living Resources Press, 2000, ISBN: 0-9674218-0-2).
- Author, “Bad Therapy, Good Therapy (And How to Tell the Difference), (Rehoboth Beach DE: Living Resources Press, 2011, ISBN-10: 0967421861 )
- Author of the booklet series titles: “Life in Plain English,” “Human Relationships in Plain English,” “Pop Psychology Debunked,” “Self-Esteem and Other Tools for Rational Living,” and “Dealing With Difficult People and Difficult Situations” (Washington, D.C.: Living Resources Press).
- Publisher & Writer, “The Living Resources Newsletter” (1992-present). Psychological, cultural, political and philosophical topics.
- Newspaper Columnist: “Life’s A Beach!”, published weekly in “The Delaware Wave” and the “Delaware Coast Press,” (Gannett) (2005-present).
- Published Opinion (1992-present) New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Philadelphia Inquirer, Newsday, Baltimore Sun, Dallas Morning News, Arizona Republic, Washington Times, Chicago Tribune, Human Events, The Freeman (Foundation for Economic Education), The New Republic, COSTCO Connection, The Week (The Best of the U.S. and International Media), Delaware State News, Cape Gazette (Lewes-Rehoboth Beach DE).
- Quoted in Forbes, Woman’s World, For Women First, Washington City Paper, and numerous other publications.
- Dr. Hurd’s Article on Patient’s Rights is on pages 42-43 of “Showdown: Confronting Bias, Lies, and the Special Interests that Divide America,” by nationally syndicated radio host Larry Elder
Radio/Media Appearances to Date
- KVI – Seattle, WA
- WALE – Providence, RI
- KFNX – Phoenix, AZ
- WMAL – Washington, DC
- KIQ — Salt Lake City
- WLNG – Westhampton Beach, NY
- KUCI – Irvine, CA
- WATR – Waterbury, CT
- WSWO – Wilmington, OH
- KWIX – Moberly, MO
- KXEL – Cedar Falls, IA
- WWL – New Orleans, LA
- WMST – Central Kentucky
- KCNN – Crookston, Minnesota
- The Mike Gallagher Show — Nationally Syndicated
- The Ken Hamblin Show — Nationally Syndicated
- WPHT — Philadelphia, Dom Giordano Show
- Corus Radio Network — Canadian National Radio, Charles Adler Show
- Newsmax TV
- Dr. Hurd’s writings read on the air by Rush Limbaugh! Read more HERE.